Sunday 1 November 2015

Book Review: #IAm16ICanRape by Kirtida Gautam


Book name- # IAm16ICanRape

Authoress- Kirtida Gautam

Publisher- Read Out Loud

Price- Rs. 450


Blurb-

Rudransh Kashyap is a self-made billionaire and man of high moral fiber. His life is shattered when he returns home one day to find that his prodigy, his 16 year old grandson, Aarush, has been arrested and accused of a brutal gang rape. It is easy to say “Kill The Rapist” but what if the accused is your child?

This case takes an unprecedented turn when Aarush’s identity is made public on social media. Rudransh finds himself living a nightmare as he fights against tremendous odds to get justice for aarush, to save him and to bring him back home… but what if the unthinkable is true? Can Rudransh save his grandson, or will he end up fighting a different battle altogether?



My Take-

#IAm16ICanRape is a psychological thriller set in the city of Bangalore. Aarush, a boy of 16, is accused of raping Subhangi Tyagi. Aarush hails from a very wealthy family. Does he escape from punishment? How does his family take a stand to this situation? Is Subhangi Tyagi case going to force any changes in punishment for juveniles?

I do not feel like spilling the details about this story as I want every individual to read and understand it. Reading is the only activity that enables you to live the life in other’s shoes. This book has done the same to me. I have lived through the lives of the characters. I have shed tears, celebrated success and felt supported throughout my read. Each and every scene and emotion that is narrated in this story touches one’s heart. The story serves as the mirror to the present Indian society.

The characters are so well crafted that I feel as if they are for real. Being debut novel, I must say that the author has done extremely commendable job. I would love to read more from her pen.

The narration is simple and engaging. I would describe # IAm16ICanRape to be ‘infectious’. Yes! It had infected my mind and heart so much that I couldn’t wait to finish it. The book was on my mind throughout the week. It kept me hooked until the end. Today again when I see the book, all I want to do is pick it up and read all over again.

I am not going to point out any likes here because I loved each and every page that I read.
#IAm16ICanRape is going to stay with me forever.


I rate-

Cover- 3/5

Story- 4.5/5

Characters- 4.5/5


My overall rating for #IAm16ICanRape is 4.5/5.


You can order your copies at this link!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Privacy Policy

We, at Musings of a Vivacious Heart are passionate about writing. We publish blogs since it is the best way to reach out to our readers. Ou...