Tuesday 20 October 2015

Book Review: He fixed the match. She fixed him. By Shikha



Book Name: He fixed the match. She fixed him.

Author: Shikha

Publisher: Vitasta Publishing Pvt. Ltd.

Price: Rs. 175


Blurb:

Shreya- I’m highly qualified Delhi girl earning an enviable salary. My parents are having a tough time finding a suitable groom for me. However, recently they have a proposal from this very interesting guy from Mumbai. I almost get mesmerised when he starts talking to me. I think I like him very much.

Kunal- I’m owner of a textile company in Mumbai. My Mom wants me to get married. Again. She has recently suggested a suitable girl from Delhi. What my Mom doesn’t know is that I’ve met Shreya before once in my life and I’ve been looking for her ever since. I have a vendetta to settle.

The author takes you along on a journey via roads of revenge, agony, remorse, attraction, titillation, tantalisation and romance. Do Shreya and Kunal make it, or do they fall prey to their past?

My take:

Shreya is a girl of marriageable age and like all parents in the world are, her parents are asking her to get married. They are searching a suitable match for their daughter. Their searching process bears fruit and they find Kunal interested in Shreya. This match is arranged through a matrimony site. Things move further and Shreya begins to like Kunal. She agrees to get married to him in spite of her mother’s refusal. Kunal is a divorcee and this fact is not digested well by Shreya’s mother. However, she gives in to Shreya’s happiness and agrees.

Shreya gets married to Kunal only to receive the greatest shock of her life. She had a bad encounter with Kunal who is now seeking revenge. Is Kunal successful at his revenge? How does Shreya manage the situation? Did she fall in love with Kunal? What does future have in store for them?

He fixed the match. She fixed him is a complete package of emotions. It’s a journey from hatred to love, from betrayal to trust, from torturing to caring, from liking to loving. The story is awesome and the narration is simple and touchy. Every chapter you read has some surprise elements which keeps you hooked to the book. The book is a page turner. Kudos to the author for writing such an incredible story.

I, personally, was not a fan of arranged marriages. But reading this book, I don’t think having an arranged marriage will be a bad option. Shikha Ma’am, you made me fall in love with your characters, your story and most importantly, arranged marriages. I feel like I have lived through the story. I wish this book is converted in to a movie soon!


I rate:

Cover: 4/5
Story: 4.5/5
Characters: 4.5/5

This book deserves a rating of 4.5/5 stars.

You can buy this book here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Privacy Policy

We, at Musings of a Vivacious Heart are passionate about writing. We publish blogs since it is the best way to reach out to our readers. Ou...