Tuesday 8 November 2016

Book Review: My Blind Father by Anuj


My Blind Father - Book Cover



Book Name: My Blind Father 

Author: Anuj 

Publisher: Kalamos Literary Services 

Price: Rs. 175 


Blurb:

A story teaching the nation... This story will take you into the depths of child psychology to understand the child, to help the child, to provide them an environment where then can grow to their best potentials. From the beginning of civilization, we are growing by ignoring child. Because it is very easy to ignore a child, you can tell them to shut up. You can force them to sit silently, so we forget how to understand a child. Your world is perfectly well without understanding a child. But now you can see the results. Ignoring a child, disrespecting the freedom of a child is producing criminals in the society. Now we need to understand a child to make our society crimeless. This book is to help everyone to understand the child. To make our civilization more civilized. 


Story in a nutshell:

'My Blind Father' is a story of a father-son relationship. Om narrates to us the story of his childhood, his schooling and his adulthood. He talks about how his father stood like a rock of determination with him inspite of his disability. He tells us how his father help him lead a beautiful life. 


Review:

I had many other books to read and review but I picked this one from amongst them. 'My Blind Father' - terming this book as a story won't be appropriate for this appears to be a personal experience. It cannot be termed as a fictional piece of work. 

It is said that the minds of children are like the clay. It can be moulded in any way and whatever you say to them, make them do leaves an imprint on them. It is this childhood phase of a person which is responsible for his behaviour and conduct in the society. 'My Blind Father' puts forward this point and tells you the story of Om and his father. 

I would like to cite an incident from my life here. "Why were we made to learn history in Std V when we were least interested to know about it? Why were we made to learn about countries when we weren't allowed to travel on our own?" I asked this question to my mother. She chose to ignore it. This book asks many of such questions and answers to these questions. 

The book is no less than a self-help book. The author puts forward his points in the form of Om's story. The story asks you many questions and gives you answers. I liked the way author talked his heart out on this topic in the form of Om's story rather than writing a '10 tips to awesome parenting' manual. The narration has been done in first person. The language is simple. The narration gives you a feel like that of a conversation. 

The book gives many messages and lessons to the readers. I leave it to you to find them out. 


Merits:
  • The book compels you to think and also, change your way of thinking. 
Demerits:
  • There are a few editing mistakes. Also, the typesetting hasn't been done well. Both can be taken care of in the next edition. 
  • I didn't like the author mentioning the word 'blind' everytime the protagonist talked about his father. It seemed as if the author wanted to remind his readers that the protagonist's father was blind every now and then. 

I rate: 

Cover: 3/5 
Characters: 4/5 
Story: 3.5/5 

'My Blind Father' gets 3.5/5 stars from me. 

You can buy this book on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Privacy Policy

We, at Musings of a Vivacious Heart are passionate about writing. We publish blogs since it is the best way to reach out to our readers. Ou...