Thursday 15 December 2016

Book Review: Ashvamedha - The Game of Power by Aparna Sinha

Ashvamedha - Book Cover


Book Name: Ashvamedha - The Game of Power 

Authoress: Aparna Sinha 

Publisher: Srishti Publishers and Dustributors 

Price: Rs. 195 


Blurb: 

You have to dethrone a powerful man to become the most powerful. I was itching to defeat the single most powerful person, but there wasn't any. I was left with only one choice — to create one."

Little does Ashwin Jamwal know that the last twenty-five years of his life have been controlled by a master manipulator, who wanted to make him the most powerful man on earth, though for a reason! Ashwin steps up to take oath as the youngest Prime Minister of India and is unknowingly thrown into a vortex of power and authority as the entire world is threatened by a faceless enemy — Hades.

The world starts to look up to Ashwin as the savior, but he was just a pawn, reared only to be sacrificed in the end.

A story of greed, lies, deceptions, manipulations and corruption, Ashvamedha is a thriller revolving around the infamous game of power in a maddening bid to seek absolute control. 


Review: 

I had heard people talking good things about this book on Facebook. I remembered that Tushti, owner of Author Paradise was having this book up for review. I asked her for it and she agreed. I refrained myself from reading the reviews of this book. I feared spoilers. I finished reading this book in two days.

The story begins with a shocking accident and it is this very page that gets you hooked with the story. The story is being narrated by multiple person's viewpoint. I have always loved reading such narration. Reading a thriller with such narration was indeed a pleasurable experience. Since the story is about a political leader, there are many characters involved. At first, the characters might confuse you. You might not find that link which connects a few characters. Having a patient mind is required for reading this book. A cool mind will not only enhance your reading experience but also, help you absorb this story. The pace of this story is moderate. The character sketching and placing the events have been thoughtfully done. The authoress has put her mind and soul into this book. It is visible in her writing. The suspense is perfectly maintained from the beginning. But towards the end, I could foresee it. This book reminded me of Vidya Balan's Kahaani movie.

Ashvamedha is a perfect movie material. I wish to see it on big screen someday.

I rate: 

Cover: 4/5
Characters: 3.5/5
Story: 4/5 

I rate Ashvamedha with 4/5 stars.

You can buy your copies on  Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Privacy Policy

We, at Musings of a Vivacious Heart are passionate about writing. We publish blogs since it is the best way to reach out to our readers. Ou...