Friday 12 February 2016

The Last Hug

Image: Google


“Can you hug me?” I asked him.

“Sure.” He said and hugged me.

I felt the ache reaching my heart. Somewhere, in the deepest corners, laid the fact that I shouldn’t see him anymore. My heart was telling my brain that it had won the war. I was sad that I would never get a chance to be enveloped by those arms. I would surely miss his scent. I would miss his hold over my hands at every step of my life. I would miss his touch. I was scared I would miss me.

“Go home now.” He said while kissing me on my forehead. I was sure to miss those kisses.

I smiled and moved towards the gate of my apartment.

“Don’t I get a ‘bye’?” He asked.

I felt the rush of emotions in my heart. How was I supposed to tell him that it was our last date? How was I supposed to tell him that I wouldn’t see him anymore? How was I supposed to tell him that ‘it’ was all over for me?

“’Byes’ seem like farewell to me. I wish to see you soon, someday in future.” I said without looking at him.


“You and your weird talks. I love you.” He said and went away. I wiped that tear on my cheek.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Privacy Policy

We, at Musings of a Vivacious Heart are passionate about writing. We publish blogs since it is the best way to reach out to our readers. Ou...