Sunday 21 June 2015

Dear Son.. Love Dada!



Dear Son

It has been 24 years that I have been promoted to a position called 'Father' in this company called Life. And since then, I believed that I had to do my best. Today, I feel ashamed to say that I have failed.

I wanted to see you standing up on your feet.
I wanted to see you walk for the first time.
I wanted to accompany you on your first day at school.
I wanted to share the happiness when you receied your first prize ever in that drawing contest.
I wanted to dress you up on the occasion of your primary school farewell.
I wanted to see you go to your secondary school.
I wanted to celebrate your success at the debate competition.
I wanted to be there for you each time you scored excellent marks in your exams.
I wanted to celebrate your birthday every year.
I wanted to throw a party for your friends when you stood 1st in your SSC exams.
I wanted to watch you getting felicitated.
I wanted to see that million-dollar smile and those tears of happiness when you got through your engineering entrance tests.
I wanted to see you turning in to a handsome young man.
I wanted to be there for you when you were low.
I wanted to see you in your convocation robe in person.
I wanted to wish you luck the day you set out for your first job.
But I wasn't there for you. My job did not allow me to be with you and your mother. Whenever I was home, I spent time with relatives and friends. I am sorry. I could not give you time. Being in Army involves sacrifice and the most important being the family.

Its been almost a decade that you havent spoken to me, Son. This Father's Day, I want to tell you that I Love You more than my life. And that I am coming home for forever.

Lets make up for the lost times.

I hope you will forgive me.

Love
Dada

No comments:

Post a Comment

Privacy Policy

We, at Musings of a Vivacious Heart are passionate about writing. We publish blogs since it is the best way to reach out to our readers. Ou...