Thursday 17 August 2017

Kansa : Book 1 from The Professor Black Triology by Prassant Kevin - Book Review

Crime thriller novel


Book Name- Kansa 

Author- Prassant Kevin

Publisher- Inked Company

Blurb- 

OVER A SPAN OF TEN YEARS, HE KILLED FORTY PREGNANT WOMEN AND THEN VANISHED WITHOUT A TRACE. AFTER FIVE YEARS OF SILENCE, HE IS BACK AGAIN, SEEKING HIS NEXT VICTIM. ONLY ONE MAN CAN STOP HIM - PROFESSOR BLACK. Maher was found unconscious in the middle of the highway and later, in the hospital, she revealed that she had escaped from a killer's house. All the details and patterns matched the serial killer 'Kansa,' who had disappeared five years ago after murdering forty pregnant women. ACP Saargi Desai was assigned to the case. She appealed to her department to bring back Professor Black to help her catch the killer. The Professor, who had a haunting past that had kept him away from the world of crime and investigation for several years, was not willing to take on this case. But the ACP managed to convince him to get on board just for this one last time. Soon after agreeing to help, the Professor realized that for the first time in his life, he had met his match. As he dug deeper into the case, everything got dirtier, the stakes went higher, and nothing was what it seemed.

Review-

I received this book during the lunch break at work. To pass some time, I started reading it. I couldn't put the book down. The remaining time at work didn't pass in jiffy. And I had to compulsorily keep myself away from this book. I reached home with a sole intention to finish reading it. I finished reading this book in straight two and a half hours. 

This crime thriller will keep you on the edge. It will keep you hooked onto it. The story is about the case of missing pregnant women. It is the chase of the ACP and Professor Black for Kansa. 

There are many characters involved in this story. Since it's a crime thriller, involvement of many characters is justified. The author has perfectly involved the characters in every part of the story. Also, his way of narration makes you paint a picture of these characters. Each character plays a significant part in the story. The ACP and Professor Black have been portrayed well. I loved their chemistry. 

The story has been narrated in third person narrative. The language is simple and lucid. That is what makes reading a pleasant experience. I've had read thrillers before which were stuffed with heavy words. When reading this book, I felt that the author was himself narrating the story to me. The narration is realistic. 

The author has developed this plot after a lot of thinking and brainstorming sessions. It can be inferred from the way the author has presented the incidents in the story. 

I've read Prassant Kevin's King of Heart and was totally disappointed with it. With Kansa, Prassant has made a great comeback. I did not have any expectations from Kansa. But Prassant has proved me wrong. I am eagerly waiting for the second book of this triology. 

Overall, Kansa is a kind of book you would love to read again and again. I wouldn't be surprised if the book is made into a short film or movie. 

I rate: 
Cover: 3.5/5 
Characters: 4/5 
Story: 4/5 

I rate 'Kansa' with 4/5 stars.

Buy this awesome crime thriller on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Privacy Policy

We, at Musings of a Vivacious Heart are passionate about writing. We publish blogs since it is the best way to reach out to our readers. Ou...